Try this remedy the next time you or your loved one is having a cough. As it’s all natural, it is safe for kids consumption too.
Ingredients : (serves 1)
1 no Orange
1/4 tsp Salt – for sprinkle on orange
1 tsp Salt – for pre-soaking
Step by Step :
1. Soak the orange in salt water for 20 minutes.
2. Slice the top of the orange (about 2 cm from the top) to resemble a cap or cover.
3. Poke a fork through to make multiple holes in the top of the orange.
4. Sprinkle about 1/4 tsp of salt over and allow it to dissolve and seep into the orange.
5. Cover the orange with its top. Put the orange into an empty bowl.
6. Place it in a steamer and steamed for 25 minutes.
7. Serve warm – peel the orange (the skin will come off easily), eat the flesh and drink the juice that collects in the bowl.
Note: If your cough symptoms still persist, please consult your physician immediately.
Hope this helps. Get well soon.