We live in a modern world where technology enables us to have the world at our fingerprint. Thanks to the sites like Google, we can learn anything we want.
However, there are many mysteries that are still unsolved though. Here are the 39 facts about the world that will surprise even the most intelligent people!
39 Facts About the World That Will Surprise Even the Most Intelligent Person
1. Animals avoid power lines as they are afraid of UV flashes, which are invisible to human eye
2. Have you ever wondered how much is the yearly cost of charging your phone? Less than $1!
3. If you make ice cubes with boiled water, they will be transparent. If you make them with tap water, they will be white.
4. You need to click a mouse button unbelievable 10 million times in order to burn 1 calorie.
5. 99 percent of the microbes residing inside humans are not known to science
6. Paper cuts are much more painful than regular ones as the wound rarely bleeds, which allows the air to irritate them.
7. ‘Esposas’ is a Spanish word for both ‘wives’ and ‘handcuffs.’
8. When you lose or gain weight the fat cells change in size, contrary to popular belief that they disappear.
9. In addition to the 5 sense, humans also have proprioception, awareness of the position of the body parts.
10. A cockroach can live a couple of weeks without its head.
11. The most sold products in human history are Rubik’s Cube, Harry Potter books, and iPhone.
12. The lighter was invented before the match.
13. The tongue is the strongest muscle in the human body.
14. The first person who got the idea to attach wheels to a chair to move faster was Charles Darvin.
15. Whips make a cracking sound as the top moves faster than the speed of sound.
16. The technology in one Gameboy surpasses all the technology used to send man on the moon.
17. Up to 99 percent of Earth`s gold is situated in the core.
18. Getting struck by lightning heats the skin up to 50,000 degrees Fahrenheit
19. The only food that doesn’t spoil is the humble honey!
20. The Hawaiian alphabet has 12 letters only.
21. A piece of space junk comes back to Earth every day.
22. The naked mole rat is immune to cancer.
23. The maximum height of a tree is 130 meters.
24. An average person has 7 quintillion joules of potential energy.
25. The mouth of a blue whale is capable of holdings its own body weight in water.
26. Dolphins call each other by name.
27. An average person walks the equivalent of five times around the equator.
28. Starfish are not fish and killer whales are not whales
29. The most commonly used joint in humans is the jaw.
30. A strawberry isn’t a berry. A banana is a berry.
31. An average chocolate bar contains 8 insect pieces.
32. There are far more stars in the sky than grains of sand in the world.
33. Misquotes are responsible for more deaths in history than all wars.
34. Human beings replace their outer skin monthly.
35. The risk of getting killed by a vending machine is two times higher than the risk of getting killed by a shark.
36. For every person in the world, there is 1.6 million ants.
37. France stopped executing people by guillotine in 1977.
38. The word “set” has 464 definitions in English language.
39. A real diamond stays clear after breathing on it while a fake one fogs up.