Easy Lemon 7-Up Cake!
From Scratch Ingredients:
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 lb butter, softened (3/4 LB of butter equals 3 sticks)
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon Juice (real or squeeze kind is fine) or extract if you want a deeper lemon flavor
- 3/4 cup carbonated lemon-lime beverage, any brand
Ingredients using Box Cake Mix
- one box of yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1- 4 ounce box of instant lemon pudding
Lemon Glaze Ingredients:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of milk
From Scratch Directions:
- Mix butter and sugar together for about 10 minutes.
- Add in your eggs-1 at a time, beating after each is added in.
- Add in flour and lemon extract/juice.
- Fold in your lemon-lime soda of choice.
- Pour into well-greased 12-cup Bundt pan
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 to 1 hour & 15 min or until fully set
- Remove from oven and transfer to wire rack to cool, then drizzle your glaze on top
Directions using Box Cake Mix
- Preheat your oven to 325F
- Grease your bundt pan
- In a separate large bowl combine all the cake ingredients, plus pudding ans the soda and mix well
- pour the mixed batter into the greased bundt pan
- Bake for about 45 to 55 minutes or until set
- allow to cool completely before removing from the pan
- top with Glaze
Make Lemon Glaze
- Both recipes from scratch and from the box mix use the same easy, delicious glaze
- Mix powdered sugar and lemon juice and milk together and drizzle on cooled cake one removed from the pan.