Soups are one of the cleanest meals you will ever get to eat. They are a pure detoxifier and keep the body full of significant nutrients and compounds that do it well.
By detoxifying the organism you will boost the performance of your liver, gut, kidneys, lymphatic system, lungs, and finally, skin.
The soup cleanse also enables the body to acquire all the necessary spices, fatty acids, and amino acids which alleviate digestion and stimulate the immunity.
Full of fiber, soups are excellent source of energy and can balance the weight, control the blood sugar and improve the mental sanity.
Vegetable soups are especially important because they possess complex carbohydrates, whereas fruits have more sugar that keeps the energy flowing.
Some of the qualities soup cleanses bring along are: reduced inflammation, increased energy levels, disease prevention, cell rejuvenation, weight loss, and clear skin.
These are the ingredient principles you need to follow:
- You should prepare a miso, bone, or vegetable broth.
- Add starchy veggies such as beets, potatoes, acorn squash, parsnips, etc.
- Add fibrous veggies such as onions, leeks, kale, spinach, zucchini, carrots, etc.
- Add proteins, like lentils, nuts, beans
- Add spices such as cinnamon, cumin, turmeric, ginger, garlic, etc.
- You can also add ghee, coconut, avocado, or olive oil, etc.
We suggest three delicious soup recipes:
Carrot & Ginger Soup
- 2 lbs carrots, chopped
- 3 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 6 c bone or vegetable broth
- 1 c coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon collagen (optional)
- Sea salt, black pepper, and onion to taste
In a pan, add the garlic, carrots, and ginger, bring it to boil and then leave it to simmer. Sauté the onions, add the ghee, and cook until you get a caramel-like mixture. Add it to a blender together with the broth, blend, add the coconut milk, and season.
Red Lentil Soup
- 1/2 c red lentils, rinsed
- 2 sweet potatoes, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- ¼ c coconut oil, olive oil, or ghee
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 1/2 c bone or vegetable broth
- 1-inch ginger root, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Coconut cream (optional)
On a medium heat, warm up the olive oil in a pot, and add the onion, carrots, apple, and potatoes. Cook for 10 minutes. Next, add the broth, lentils, ginger, cumin, paprika, chili powder, and boil the soup. Leave it to simmer for half an hour, and when it thickens, add some coconut cream.
Broccoli Detox Soup
- 2.5 c broccoli florets
- 1 c kale or spinach
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 c vegetable or bone broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
In a pot, heat the oil, and add the onion, celery, and broccoli. Cook for 5 minutes, add the broth, and all the other ingredients, and leave it to simmer for 5 more minutes, or until it thickens.