You are probably familiar with the most of the vitamins and minerals which are vital to the overall health, such as vitamin C, calcium, and iron. However, many minerals and their importance are often neglected, including magnesium.
But, magnesium, in particular, provides a wide plethora of health benefits can strengthen your body, alleviate your fatigue, and even boost your mood.
Here are 6 of its most important health benefits:
Depression and Other Mood Problems
The use of magnesium boosts mood and improves the state of mind, treating depression.
Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease
Magnesium deficiency is linked to insulin resistance when causes issues like increased risk of diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Magnesium regulates blood sugar and prevents such issues.
Regulates High Blood Pressure
Magnesium is a natural and effective way to regulate blood pressure, and avoid all kinds of similar issues.
Magnesium effectively relieves headaches and migraine.
Over half of the magnesium in the body is stored in the bones, so its optimal levels work in synergy with calcium and vitamin D and strengthen bones and boost their health.
You can also prevent various bone-related issues, like osteoporosis and similar conditions, by optimizing magnesium levels in the body.
High magnesium levels in the body lower the risk of colorectal cancer for up to 13%.
Additional Benefits Of Magnesium Supplementation
- Treats constipation
- Treats insomnia and improves sleep
- Soothes muscle spasms and pain
- Boosts energy levels
- Calms the nerves and promotes relaxation
If you decide to take magnesium supplements, you should choose some of the following types:
- Magnesium Chelate: it is found naturally in foods, and is highly absorbable
- Magnesium Threonate: It is highly absorbable
- Magnesium Citrate: It helps digestion and treats constipation
- Magnesium Glycinate: it is highly absorbable and easily corrects deficiencies
- Magnesium Orotate: These contain orotic acid which supports heart health
- Magnesium Chloride Oil: It relieves muscle pain, boosts energy levels, and heals wound, so it is especially helpful for athletes