Keto Alfredo Sauce
Keto Alfredo Sauce. For anyone who loves thick alfredo sauce, you can always add more parmesan cheese.If you like it, just sprinkle cream or almond milk while cooking. The sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week, or frozen for up to 3 months. Always reheat very slowly as a sharp temperature change can cause the sauce to the cavity.
Ingredient for Keto Alfredo Sauce
- 1 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 6 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Grated parmesan cheese
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Sea salt (to taste)
- Nutmeg (optional – to taste)
1. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add minced garlic and saute for about 30 seconds, until fragrant.
2. Add the heavy cream. Bring to a gentle simmer, then continue to simmer for about 5 minutes, until it begins to thicken and volume is reduced by about 1/3. (Amount of time will vary depending on the size of your saucepan.)
3. Reduce heat to low. Gradually whisk in the Parmesan cheese. Keep whisking over low heat, until smooth. If using nutmeg, sea salt, and/or black pepper, stir those in, to taste. (If sauce is thicker than you like, you can thin it out with more cream.)