The guava tree is native to South and Central America and has a tasty fruit which offers numerous health benefits. Guavas have long been used as a part of many natural remedies and offer the following benefits:
- Help you lose weight;
- Treat diabetes;
- Reduce cholesterol levels;
- Fight digestive problems such as diarrhea and infections such as dysentery;
- Treat stomach ache and food poisoning;
- Effectively treat respiratory problems such as bronchitis and coughs;
- Treat a toothache, swollen gums and canker sores;
- Assist in the treatment of prostate cancer;
- Treat male reproductive problems;
- Assist in the healing of wounds;
- Treat outer ear infections;
- Treat allergies and insect bites;
- Treat skin problems such as acne and pimples;
- Fights hair loss and premature aging.
As you can see, the tropical fruits are very beneficial for our health, but besides the fruit itself, its leaves offer various health benefits as well. A tea made from guava leaves can treat hair loss – just make a cup and apply it on your scalp while massaging, then rinse with water and repeat the process 3 times a week for best results.
To fight acne and blackheads, grind a handful of guava leaves and mix them with a bit of water, then apply the paste on the affected areas and leave it to work for about 10-15 minutes. Rinse with water in the end and you should notice immediate results. To stop the aging of your skin, you should apply a bit of guava leaves tea on it every day. This will stop the aging process and improve your complexion as well.
Drinking guava leaves regularly can also treat bronchitis and coughs while boiling a handful of the leaves with a handful of rice flour in 2 glasses of water and drinking the liquid twice a day can easily treat diarrhea.
Drinking guava leaves tea every day for 3 months can reduce your high cholesterol levels. To treat infections and speed up the healing of wounds, apply a paste of ground guava leaves and water on the affected area. To reduce a toothache and other oral problems, you only need to chew some guava leaves.
For weight loss, you should drink guava leaves tea twice a day. It’s easy to prepare it – just boil a pot of water and add 5 guava leaves in, then simmer the mixture for a while and leave it to cool down.
As you can see, both the fruit and its leaves are highly beneficial for our health, so there’s no reason not to start consuming it today!